Welcome mortals...

Welcome! (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1)


This is Logigamer (logic+gamer, in case you couldn’t tell). It is not a random blog of randomness, but one that contains logic, gaming, or both in each post.

If you have any thoughts on what I write, be sure to leave a comment. I'll definitely respond :).

5/26/11

Pokemon: Should the remakes of RS or the 3rd BW title come first?

Almost too predictable, the releases of Pokemon. First pair of titles, and then pair of remakes and a remake of the first two releases of the generation. But the remake and third title don't have set release order, which leaves us hanging, dying of anticipation scrambling to but unable to decipher what is coming next. O woe... 'kay, that was exaggerating, but the question still remains. As you can see, the release order can switch around...

Generation III

1. Ruby/Sapphire
2. FireRed/LeafGreen
3. Emerald

Generation IV

1. Diamond/Pearl
2. Platinum
3. HeartGold/SoulSilver

So it comes down to opinion, as logic cannot find a solution to the problem. Which should come first?

The RS remakes, of course. Why enter Unova in another game before you can begin a game that isn't almost what you just played? Assuming you aren't still playing RSE... nostalgia freaks...

My problem with Platinum was that I wasn't exactly motivated the whole time. I did a solo run, because I wasn't really for making a team then. I got some other Pokemon, but ended up just using Torterra (which is a pretty good solo runner, by the way). But I think the reason I never made a real team was that I had done almost everything already in Diamond. Later on, I was motivated in further Diamond and Pearl playthroughs mostly because I wasn't in a hurry to get to anything new. Most of it was subconscious, but that's what I believe my reasoning is.

So I'd really prefer the remakes first. Of course, I'd get the new game either way, but there's often a good answer and a less good answer to a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment